On the 3rd of April in the Consulate General of the Slovak Republic was held a state reception in honor of Alexey Ustaev, the Chairman of the Board of Viking Bank, who was awarded the State Honor of the Slovak Republic “For the outstanding spread of good reputation of the Slovak Republic abroad”. Alexey Ustaev became the first chief executive of Russian commercial bank honored with that high state award of the Slovak Republic. Augustin Csiszár, Consul General of the Slovak Republic in Saint Petersburg, held the award ceremony. Participants of the ceremony: Evgeniy Grigoriev, Chairman of Committee on Saint Petersburg Foreign Relations; Vladimir Zapevalov, Representative of MFA Russia in Saint Petersburg; Vladimir Dzhikovich, President of the Northwest Banking Association (NBA); Vladimir Ivanov, CEO of Hotel “Oktiabrskaya”; Andrey Petelin, CEO of Hotel “Saint Petersburg”; Alexander Zaozersky, First Deputy Chairman of Management Board of Viking Bank; Oksana Chernishova, chief editor of Saint Petersburg regional information center ITAR-TASS (ITAR-TASS SPB).
Alexey Ustaev is a Chairman of Board of the oldest Russian commercial bank - Viking Bank. For many years development of promising fields of cooperation with the Slovak Republic, particularly collaboration in the sphere of tourism industry is considered to be one of the most important focus areas for Alexey Ustaev. Alexey Ustaev as a member of the Board of Directors of large Saint Petersburg hotels: “Oktiabrskaya Hotel” and “Saint Petersburg Hotel” supports arrangements aiming at promotion of Slovakia, its business opportunities, culture and art. The hotels host official delegations from Slovakia and present well-functioning foundations for business and cultural communication between Russia and Slovakia. Festivals of Slovakian culture, Days of National Cuisine, concerts of Slovakian artists are organized on the base of the hotels. In his congratulatory speech Augustin Csiszár, Consul General of the Slovak Republic said, “By virtue of such businessmen as Alexey Ustaev countries become closer, business relations as well as friendship between fraternal Slavic nations strengthen.”
Evgeniy Grigoriev, Chairman of Committee on Saint Petersburg Foreign Relations noted, “Work of Alexey Ustaev is an illustrative example of long-term effective and friendly Russian-Slovak cooperation in Saint Petersburg.” Vladimir Zapevalov, Representative of MFA Russia in Saint Petersburg, in his congratulatory speech thanked Alexey Ustaev for active participation in the diplomatic club and many years of work targeted at securing international partnership. Vladimir Dzhikovich, President of the Northwest Banking Association made an emphasis on development of business and financial projects between two countries. Oksana Chernishova, chief editor of ITAR-TASS SPB, congratulated Alexey Ustaev on the high award and accentuated that such businessmen as Alexey Ustaev strengthen international friendship. In his speech Alexey Ustaev pointed out importance and significance of the honor and emphasized that he is glad to contribute into development of Saint Petersburg image of a city open for foreign guests and intends to continue his active participation in cooperation between Russia and Slovakia.
Alexey Ustaev actively participates in public activities:
- Since 1989 – Member of Council of the Northwest Banking Association Council.
- Since 1999 - Member of the Diplomatic club
- Since 2004 - Member of the the St.Petersburg Engineering Academy
- 2004-2006 – President of St.Petersburg Chess Federation
- Since 2007 - President of the Association of the Chess Federations of the Northwestern Federal District.
Charitable and sponsorship projects are executed under the supervision of Alexey Ustaev. Consistent cooperation with social institutions, healthcare organizations, sport, education, and culture agencies is performed under his guidance. Alexey Ustaev was awarded a great number of honors for his work:
- Award of the President of the Slovak Republic “Cross of Honor” 2nd degree.
- Medal “300th Anniversary of St.Petersburg”
- National Award in the field of management “Best Leader of Russia”
- International Award of the European Assembly of Business “United Europe” for the personal contribution towards European integration.
- Public award of the main and All-Russian award “Russian National Olympus” – “For Honor and valor”.
- Award “The Best Leader in Russia”.
- Honorary title “Top Manager of the Russian Federation 2007”
- Medal of the St.Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry “For distinction in business development ”.
- Award of the Russian Banking Association “Manager of the Year in the Banking Sphere” (“For the personal contribution to the development of Banking System”).
- A.M. Gorchakov silver medal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation “For the contribution to strengthening of the peace and the development of international cooperation”. Awarded as an acknoledgement of the merits of strengthening the peace and the development of international cooperation, the statement of universal ideals and humanitarian values.
- In 2013 Alexey Ustaev became honoree of the National Bank award "Banker of the Year" of the Russian Banking Association
- The highest award of Northwest Banking Association (“Banker's Star”)
- Honorary title ““Honored banker” (the highest award of the Russian Banking Association)